Home Community Radio and TV FAQ Calendar Social Groups
PlatinumGeneration > General > Chit-Chat > PG Chat: 'Everyone Loves Zoidberg' Edition

Notices

  • Share:
  • Submit Thread to Digg
  • Submit Thread to del.icio.us
  • Submit Thread to StumbleUpon
  • Submit Thread to Google
  • Submit Thread to Facebook
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3481
Old 02-20-2011, 10:09:01 AM
Chris's Avatar
Chris Chris is offline
Administrator
Omnipotent Moron
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 35,655
Send a message via AIM to Chris
Geez, that's terrible! Definitely very lucky it didn't give out before you managed to get in there and get it fixed! I thought the alternator in my truck was going because it has a tendency to stall and jumps while idling, but that's related to the timing chain jumping, and the AC compressor's starting to stick a bit, which contributes to the timing problems. Not as bad as the alternator, but yet another job needing done. Shame you can't get the computer up and running yet, though. Gonna' have to throw a "yay, it works!" party when you're up and running .

Ah, I've been down that road, too. There are so few places for people to get help these days, and everywhere you go, they're just so depleted from all of the people that need the help. We damn near lost our, well, not the last house, but the one before it, because we couldn't pay the rent. Took weeks of searching, making appointments, getting rejected and trying again before we found somewhere that could help us pay our rent. Such a massive relief when it finally came through. Then, of course, we did wind up losing the house because we couldn't afford it. Never a fun thing, that...the degrading look of the landlord as he lords over you moving your stuff out (not stooping from his pedestal to lend a hand), the uncertainty of where to go next, and the feeling of having to start from scratch all over again. Ugh. If only housing was free .

~Chris
__________________
One Funeral Maketh Many
Song Of the Moment: "How?" - Ozzy Osbourne (John Lennon cover)
"Better to dream, far sweeter to slumber
Than face the cold days, bear the grim longing
Time to rest a while, close the drowsy eyes
Sleep till the dawn, till the bleak morning" - Insomnium
[/size]
  #3482
Old 02-26-2011, 07:45:14 PM
Viper_Maniac's Avatar
Viper_Maniac Viper_Maniac is offline
Super Moderator
The Dark Angel
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Age: 35
Posts: 8,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Geez, that's terrible! Definitely very lucky it didn't give out before you managed to get in there and get it fixed! I thought the alternator in my truck was going because it has a tendency to stall and jumps while idling, but that's related to the timing chain jumping, and the AC compressor's starting to stick a bit, which contributes to the timing problems. Not as bad as the alternator, but yet another job needing done. Shame you can't get the computer up and running yet, though. Gonna' have to throw a "yay, it works!" party when you're up and running .
I am very lucky it didn't give out. Only problem is I think now there might be something wrong with the front suspension or steering. Its hard to describe on here but it just feels like something isn't right. I was so hoping to try and sell this damn thing. Its getting to be more than I want to deal with right now. I wish I had my old car.

Believe me when I do get the new computer up and running I'll be throwing myself a "yay it works" party all night long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Ah, I've been down that road, too. There are so few places for people to get help these days, and everywhere you go, they're just so depleted from all of the people that need the help. We damn near lost our, well, not the last house, but the one before it, because we couldn't pay the rent. Took weeks of searching, making appointments, getting rejected and trying again before we found somewhere that could help us pay our rent. Such a massive relief when it finally came through. Then, of course, we did wind up losing the house because we couldn't afford it. Never a fun thing, that...the degrading look of the landlord as he lords over you moving your stuff out (not stooping from his pedestal to lend a hand), the uncertainty of where to go next, and the feeling of having to start from scratch all over again. Ugh. If only housing was free .
Oh I know that feeling. We went through the same thing when we were forced to move out of our house we were living in before moving into this apartment. My mom had lost her job but she was able to get back to work about a month later. Then a month after that I lost my job and was out of work for about 4 months. By then we were behind on our rent to the sum of about $1000-1500. We did get help from a local place but you could only go to them once every 6 months or so. The whole time the landlord kept telling us that we need to pay soon or he would have to take action against us. When I finally got a job we tried to convince him to let us stay and since I had a job we would be able to pay him the back rent in payments. He wouldn't go for it. He said we were too far behind for him to do it. So he had us evicted. For whatever reason he decided to be nice enough to wait 2 weeks before filing the papers the judge told him to file to have us evicted after 2 days. We weren't able to find a place until the later part of the second week. Worst 2 weeks ever. What really pissed me off was when he said we were too far behind to try and pay it up to date and continue to live there. At that time we were only paying him about $450-475 in rent. The place we are in now started off at $515 for rent(I wish it was still that, we're up to $626 now ). So our rent was higher than that house we lived in and we still paid him off within a year.
__________________
-
  #3483
Old 03-02-2011, 05:56:49 AM
Chris's Avatar
Chris Chris is offline
Administrator
Omnipotent Moron
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 35,655
Send a message via AIM to Chris
Whoops, guess it was my turn to disappear again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper_Maniac View Post
I am very lucky it didn't give out. Only problem is I think now there might be something wrong with the front suspension or steering. Its hard to describe on here but it just feels like something isn't right. I was so hoping to try and sell this damn thing. Its getting to be more than I want to deal with right now. I wish I had my old car.
Heh, I understand -- just found out my rotors are gone, and that's another $200 to find...yay .

Quote:
Believe me when I do get the new computer up and running I'll be throwing myself a "yay it works" party all night long.
I would expect nothing less

Quote:
Oh I know that feeling. We went through the same thing when we were forced to move out of our house we were living in before moving into this apartment. My mom had lost her job but she was able to get back to work about a month later. Then a month after that I lost my job and was out of work for about 4 months. By then we were behind on our rent to the sum of about $1000-1500. We did get help from a local place but you could only go to them once every 6 months or so. The whole time the landlord kept telling us that we need to pay soon or he would have to take action against us. When I finally got a job we tried to convince him to let us stay and since I had a job we would be able to pay him the back rent in payments. He wouldn't go for it. He said we were too far behind for him to do it. So he had us evicted. For whatever reason he decided to be nice enough to wait 2 weeks before filing the papers the judge told him to file to have us evicted after 2 days. We weren't able to find a place until the later part of the second week. Worst 2 weeks ever. What really pissed me off was when he said we were too far behind to try and pay it up to date and continue to live there. At that time we were only paying him about $450-475 in rent. The place we are in now started off at $515 for rent(I wish it was still that, we're up to $626 now ). So our rent was higher than that house we lived in and we still paid him off within a year.
Damn, now that's a hell of a nice rent to be paying! We're paying $1150 for the house we're in just now (Arizona got REALLY expensive after all of those damned Californians moved here about four years ago), and $800 for the one before that. We can't really afford this house, but we're so far out of options that we just sort of have to afford it...not really anywhere else to turn until the economy eventually turns around again...

Landlords...such worthless authority, and yet they wear it with pride .

~Chris
__________________
One Funeral Maketh Many
Song Of the Moment: "How?" - Ozzy Osbourne (John Lennon cover)
"Better to dream, far sweeter to slumber
Than face the cold days, bear the grim longing
Time to rest a while, close the drowsy eyes
Sleep till the dawn, till the bleak morning" - Insomnium
[/size]
  #3484
Old 03-06-2011, 02:58:31 PM
Viper_Maniac's Avatar
Viper_Maniac Viper_Maniac is offline
Super Moderator
The Dark Angel
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Age: 35
Posts: 8,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Damn, now that's a hell of a nice rent to be paying! We're paying $1150 for the house we're in just now (Arizona got REALLY expensive after all of those damned Californians moved here about four years ago), and $800 for the one before that. We can't really afford this house, but we're so far out of options that we just sort of have to afford it...not really anywhere else to turn until the economy eventually turns around again...
Holy shit. I thought it was bad for us here. Now I don't feel too bad living here in Indiana. Lol. I agree with being so far out of options that you just sort of have to deal with it. It sucks so bad.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Landlords...such worthless authority, and yet they wear it with pride .
Ain't that the damn truth. A pretty good reason I don't want to live in New York.



On an entirely different and excitingly great note, I have a job now. Back early last week I saw on a local job searching website that the local Sears store was hiring. I figured what the heck. I'll give it a try. So I filled out the application online and at the end of the application it asked when I wanted to schedule an interview. I was like "what?!?". I've never had an online job application ask that. The soonest I could do it without interfering with my classes was this past Friday. I went in there and the interview went really well. She then set me up for a second interview the next day(yesterday). That interview went really well and she went ahead and gave me a job offer. I filled out some paper work as well as some "paper" work on the computer there. Now I just gotta do a drug test and schedule a "training class". She did have me setup for the training class for Tuesday afternoon at 5 but she had to scrap that because of me having a class at 5:30 Tuesdays.
__________________
-
  #3485
Old 03-06-2011, 07:37:34 PM
Chris's Avatar
Chris Chris is offline
Administrator
Omnipotent Moron
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 35,655
Send a message via AIM to Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper_Maniac View Post
Holy shit. I thought it was bad for us here. Now I don't feel too bad living here in Indiana. Lol. I agree with being so far out of options that you just sort of have to deal with it. It sucks so bad.
Heh, Indiana sounds great right about now .

Quote:
Ain't that the damn truth. A pretty good reason I don't want to live in New York.
I can only imagine how much it must suck to be in New York at this point in time.

Quote:
On an entirely different and excitingly great note, I have a job now. Back early last week I saw on a local job searching website that the local Sears store was hiring. I figured what the heck. I'll give it a try. So I filled out the application online and at the end of the application it asked when I wanted to schedule an interview. I was like "what?!?". I've never had an online job application ask that. The soonest I could do it without interfering with my classes was this past Friday. I went in there and the interview went really well. She then set me up for a second interview the next day(yesterday). That interview went really well and she went ahead and gave me a job offer. I filled out some paper work as well as some "paper" work on the computer there. Now I just gotta do a drug test and schedule a "training class". She did have me setup for the training class for Tuesday afternoon at 5 but she had to scrap that because of me having a class at 5:30 Tuesdays.
Awesome! Congrats on that, I hope the training class goes well!

~Chris
__________________
One Funeral Maketh Many
Song Of the Moment: "How?" - Ozzy Osbourne (John Lennon cover)
"Better to dream, far sweeter to slumber
Than face the cold days, bear the grim longing
Time to rest a while, close the drowsy eyes
Sleep till the dawn, till the bleak morning" - Insomnium
[/size]
  #3486
Old 03-17-2011, 09:39:31 PM
Viper_Maniac's Avatar
Viper_Maniac Viper_Maniac is offline
Super Moderator
The Dark Angel
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Age: 35
Posts: 8,582
Well I feel bad for temporarily dropping off the face of the earth on here. Its not because of the job because it fell through. I was a day late on getting the drug test done. I'm pretty sure that they said I didn't have to do it on a specific day(which was a week ago from this past Monday) but they are pretty adamant that they said it HAD to be done on Monday because they have a 48 hour period to get the drug test done. If you don't get it done in that time then you're fucked.
__________________
-
  #3487
Old 03-17-2011, 09:54:18 PM
Chris's Avatar
Chris Chris is offline
Administrator
Omnipotent Moron
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 35,655
Send a message via AIM to Chris
Geez, sorry to hear that. Seems fairly pedantic, and something they really should have made clearer.

~Chris
__________________
One Funeral Maketh Many
Song Of the Moment: "How?" - Ozzy Osbourne (John Lennon cover)
"Better to dream, far sweeter to slumber
Than face the cold days, bear the grim longing
Time to rest a while, close the drowsy eyes
Sleep till the dawn, till the bleak morning" - Insomnium
[/size]
 

Tags: super panda fun time

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:18:20 PM.