• Submit Thread to Digg
  • Submit Thread to del.icio.us
  • Submit Thread to StumbleUpon
  • Submit Thread to Google
  • Submit Thread to Facebook
Old 07-30-2009, 06:43:28 PM
Administrator
Developer

Send a message via AIM to James Send a message via MSN to James Send a message via Skype™ to James
Lucky me.

I live in a pretty nice area, but by no means does it mean that I'm surrounded by sports cars or anything. Sadly I'm surrounded by Silver BMW's, Mercs, VW's and Alfas. You know, the businessy type cars that people with a nice house and a bit of cash have?

Well, I was walking to work yesterday, and something awesome happened.

I saw a new Mustang drive past - and I live in England, so muscle cars like that are just extremely rare. Porsches are somewhat common, but Mustangs are a sight for people like me. I thought that was really cool.

But then a Nissan Skyline GT-R was behind it, and then a Bentley Flying Spur was behind that, and then there was another Mustang, and after that was a Dodge SRT-10 (aka Viper).

I mean, wow. I never expected to see that.

There was Lamborghini Murciélago was behind those guys too, but that's quite common as well in my area. I live quite close to a Lamborghini dealership.

But yeah, it was a nice uplifting thing to see in the morning! Put a smile on my face for sure.

Any similar stories from you guys?
Old 07-30-2009, 07:55:01 PM
Administrator
Omnipotent Moron

Send a message via AIM to Chris
Not much of a Mustang fan (and living in the States, they're beyond common, every generation), but I don't half mind the Skylines .

For me, the coolest thing with regards to vehicles that's happened lately was seeing a string of cars that started with a DB9 and followed suite with a Lotus Esprit, Acura NSX (not quite the same league, but still...Mmm!), '67-ish Chevelle SS (didn't get a good look), and what was (at the time) an early look at the new Dodge Challenger (not really a fan, but it was a new retro look at the time...neat).

Personally, outside of Aston Martins, I'm more of a fan of the business type cars. Particularly the Volkswagen Touareg. Of the lot, I still love my Suburban ('93 K1500) the most, but given the choice, I wouldn't mind driving around in a brand new Touareg...mmm.

Granted, that's taking into account the American roadways, that let such things as the Suburbans drive quite freely...if it were back at home in the UK, I wouldn't dream of owning anything as big as a Touareg, let alone a Suburban .

~Chris
Than face the cold days, bear the grim longing
Time to rest a while, close the drowsy eyes
Sleep till the dawn, till the bleak morning" - Insomnium
[/size]
Old 07-30-2009, 08:51:40 PM
Super Moderator
The Dark Angel

Within the last week I've seen a Viper RT/10 Convertible & a Nissan GTR(parked outside a Starbucks near me). I was sooooo pissed I didn't have a camera. It was the first time I had ever seen a GTR in my city.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:28:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to Charlie*
Haha I saw something that made me laugh I was in the D skating and there was a guy with what looked like an 1985 Gran Marquis with almost 24" rims on it. Its so common down there to but for someone that lives 20 miles away it isn't. Just made me laugh
Old 07-31-2009, 07:55:20 AM
Administrator
Developer

Send a message via AIM to James Send a message via MSN to James Send a message via Skype™ to James
Yeah there are often a lot of really vile looking car mods around here too - all the stupid little boys tend to put cheap and plasticy looking body kits on old hatchbacks... they ruin it most of the time.

It's both funny and sad to see.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:22:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Charlie*
You hear a lot of sub woofers here in Michigan. Many younger kids put them in their cars and you can hear them from way down the road.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:27:28 PM
Administrator
Omnipotent Moron

Send a message via AIM to Chris
It's the same here, too...stupid booming cars rolling through at night. My sister did that to one of hers, once...all she got was a migraine...

~Chris
Than face the cold days, bear the grim longing
Time to rest a while, close the drowsy eyes
Sleep till the dawn, till the bleak morning" - Insomnium
[/size]